DNA Restriction Enzyme: SacII
- Source: Streptomyces achromogenes
- Concentration: 8-20 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: T+BSA
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: Ad2 DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Staphylococcus aureus genomic DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by CG methylase.
- Notice: This enzyme is able to cleave at 4 lambda DNA sites, but site at position 40386 is resistant to cleavage.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.