DNA Restriction Enzyme: BamHI
- Source: Escherichia coli carrying the plasmid encoding BamH I gene
- Concentration: 8-20 units/ul [High concentration: 30-60 units/ul]
- Supplied buffer: K
- Reaction temperature: 30°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is not affected by CG methylase, dam methylase and dcm methylase.
- Star activity: Unrelated site may often be cut in the presence of high concentration of glycerol, Mn2+, or DMSO, and at low ionic strength.
- Notice: This enzyme shows equivalent activity at 37°C and to 30°C, but the stability of the enzyme is lower in reaction mixtures at 37°C than that at 30°C.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning