DNA Restriction Enzyme: AccIII (BspMII)
- Source: Acinetobacter calcoaceticus
- Concentration: 1-5 units/ul
- Supplied Buffer: Basal
- Effect of DNA Methylation: This enzyme is capable of cleaving TC5mCGGA, but its rate is about 1/75. Otherwise, enzyme activity is affected by dam methylase depending on the sequence following the recognition site.
- Reaction Temperature: 60°C
- Substrate for Unit Definition: lambda DNA
- Cleavage of pBR322: Commercially available pBR322 is substantially undigested because the adenine residues in the recognition site (TCCGGA) are methylated by dam methylase.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning