DNA Restriction Enzyme: PvuI
- Source: Proteus vulgaris
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: K+BSA
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Flavobacterium okeanokoites genome DNA
- Ligation-recutting test: The ligation efficiency of cohesive ended DNA fragments generated by this enzyme will be low. More efficient ligation can be achieved using blunt end ligation reaction conditions.
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by CG methylase, but not dam methylase.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning