DNA Restriction Enzyme: PstI
- Source: Escherichia coli ED8654 carrying the plasmid encoding Pst I gene
- Concentration: 8-20 units/µl [High concentration: 30-60 units/µl]
- Supplied buffer: H
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of DMSO or high concentrations of glycerol
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.