Manufactured by Yakult Co., Ltd.
>70% double-stranded covalently closed circular form I (RF I) DNA.
–20°C. Supplied with the host strain Bacillus subtilis ISW 1214 (Glycerol stock, Storage : –80°C)
10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4), 0.1 mM EDTA
1. Anagostopoulos, C. & Spizizen, J. (1961) J. Bacteriol. 81:741-746.
2. Ikawa, S. et al. (1981) Mol. Gen. Genet. 183:1-6.
3. Sadaie, Y. & Kada, T. (1983) J. Bacteriol. 153:813-821.
4. Ishiwa, H. & Tsuchida, N. (1984) Gene 32:129-134.
5. Ishiwa, H. & Shibahara, H. (1985) Jpn. J. Genet. 60:235-243.
- E. coli: >2 × 105/µg DNA
- B. subtillis: >1 × 102/µg DNA (by electroporation)
Transformation efficiency of competent B. subtillis largely depends on the percentage of dimerized pHY300PLK vector. To increase transformation efficiency, first amplify pHY300PLK DNA with an E. coli recA+ strain.
Prior to electroporation of B. subtillis, amplify vector with an E.coli recA- strain to obtain monomeric pHY300PLK.