- Structural analysis of glycosphingolipids
Recombinant E. coli.
rEGCase is free from the following exoglycosidase activities: alpha-galactosidase, beta-galactosidase, alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase, beta-N-acetylgalactosaminidase, beta-N-acetyl-glucosaminidase, alpha-mannosidase, alpha-fucosidase, and sialidase. This enzyme is also free from glycopeptidase, endo-beta-N-acetyglucosaminidase, proteinase and sphingomyelinase activities.
Store at –20°C until use. Thawed solution is stable for 2–3 days at 4°C.
This product contains detergents and requires them for optimal activity. Do not use on living cells.
- Systematic name: Oligoglycosylglucosylceramide glycohydrolase (EC 220.127.116.11)
- Form: 20 mM sodium acetate solution (pH 6.0), 0.2% BSA, 0.1% Lubrol PX
- Concentration: 100 mU/100 µL
- Optimum pH: 5.0-6.0
- Inhibitors: 1 mM Hg2+, Zn2+, Cu2+
- Not inhibited by Ba2+, Ca2+, Mg2+ or EDTA
Definition of Activity
One unit of enzyme activity is defined as the amount needed to catalyze the hydrolysis of 1 µmol asialo GM1 per minute.
- Ito, M. & Yamagata, T. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264:9510.
- Park, J.T. & Johnson, M.J. (1949) J. Biol. Chem. 181:149.