SMARTer low-input RNA-Seq solutions for compromised mammalian samples
RNA-Seq Kits: SMART (Switching Mechanism at 5' End of RNA Template) technology has been adopted as the industry standard for experiments that require exceptional sensitivity and complete transcriptome coverage. Its single-tube protocol minimizes sample handling errors and creates accurate, full-length cDNA from extremely low input RNA. Random-primed cDNA synthesis kits such as the SMARTer Stranded RNA-Seq Kit, the SMARTer Stranded RNA-Seq Kit HT, and the SMARTer Universal Low Input RNA Kit for Sequencing are ideal for transcriptome analysis from all types of input RNA, including compromised RNA samples (such as FFPE tissues) and bacterial RNA.
rRNA Removal Kit: Prior to cDNA synthesis with random-primed cDNA synthesis kits, it is important to remove ribosomal RNA, which makes up ≥90% of total RNA. The RiboGone - Mammalian kit uses hybridization technology and RNase H digestion to bind and specifically deplete 5S, 5.8S, 18S,and 28S nuclear rRNA sequences and 12S mitochondrial rRNA sequences from full length or sheared total RNA derived from human, mouse, or rat samples—yielding RNA samples that are ready for transcriptome analysis using the SMARTer Universal and SMARTer Stranded kits.
- Remove rRNA and mtRNA sequences from mammalian total RNA prior to cDNA synthesis (depletes ≥95% of ribosomal RNA sequences)
- Suitable for full-length or degraded RNA (including FFPE samples)
- Obtain highly accurate transcriptome analysis data (based on MAQC data comparison)
- Low input working range (10–100 ng starting material)
- Works seamlessly with downstream SMARTer random-primed cDNA synthesis kits (yielding recorded rRNA yields of between 1–5% of total reads and lower)