These lentiviral vectors allow you to deliver and stably express your gene of interest as a fluorescent fusion protein in virtually any cell type, including dividing and nondividing cells, stem cells, terminally differentiated cells, and neuronal cells. Three bicistronic lentiviral vectors (pLVX-IRES-mCherry, pLVX-IRES-tdTomato, and pLVX-IRES-ZsGreen1) are also available to allow your gene of interest and a bright fluorescent protein to be coexpressed from a single mRNA transcript.
Clontech’s Living Colors DsRed-Monomer, AcGFP1, and mCherry proteins are truly monomeric fluorescent proteins that are ideal for use as fusion tags. ZsGreen1 and tdTomato are supremely bright fluorescent proteins that are excellent reporters for gene expression, or for measuring transduction/transfection efficiency. mCherry is a very popular mutant derived by directed mutagenesis of mRFP1, a monomeric mutant of DsRed. DsRed-Express2 is a rapidly maturing variant of Discosoma sp. red fluorescent protein (DsRed). It is highly soluble and was designed to be better suited for cell and stem cell applications.
All Living Colors proteins are detectable without added cofactors or substrates, making them exceptional, noninvasive tools for live cell studies.
DsRed-Monomer & AcGFP1
- Truly monomeric proteins (see DsRed-Monomer for more information)
- Ideal for tagging proteins for trafficking and localization studies
- Distinct spectra make them excellent choices for double labeling experiments
ZsGreen1 & tdTomato
- The brightest green and red fluorescent proteins—(2.5X and 3.5X brighter than EGFP, respectively)
- IRES bicistronic expression for monitoring transduction efficiency
- Separate expression of your cDNA and a fluorescent protein from a single transcript
- A bright monomeric protein
- Matures very rapidly—its t1/2 for maturation at 37°C is approximately 15 minutes
- Rapidly maturing red fluorescent protein with enhanced solubility and reduced green emission
- Well-suited for cell and stem cell applications
The Lenti-X HTX Packaging System & Lenti-X 293T Cell Line
We highly recommended these two products for the production of high-titer lentivirus from all our lentiviral vectors. The Lenti-X HTX Packaging System, together with the Lenti-X 293T Cell Line, generates titers that are much higher than those produced by other commercially available systems. Frequently, an entire dish of target cells can be effectively transduced using just 10 µl of unconcentrated viral supernatant.