- No need to concentrate virus
- No need to transfect multiple plates
- No need to infect your target cells multiple times
- Easily control the expression level of your gene of interest by manipulating the multiplicity of infection (MOI)
Lentiviral Packaging Systems—Two Options
The Lenti-X HTX Packaging System is available in two pseudotyping options:
- VSV-G lentiviral packaging—The standard and most popular Lenti-X HTX Packaging System produces VSV-G pseudotyped lentivirus, which readily infects virtually all types of cells.
- Ecotropic lentiviral packaging—The Lenti-X HTX Ecotropic Packaging System produces lentivirus pseudotyped with the MLV ecotropic envelope glycoprotein, which allows you to limit transduction to mouse and rat cells.
How Are High Lentiviral Titers Achieved?
- Optimized composition—Our novel 4th Generation Lentiviral Packaging Mixes provide multiple lentiviral packaging and nonviral components in a proprietary suite of 5 vectors that are premixed in specific, ideal ratios in order to maximize virus production. Multiple vectors also effectively prevent the emergence of replication competent viruses.
- Tetracycline transactivation—Very strong expression of several key lentiviral packaging components is produced by Tet-Off transactivation of tetracycline-responsive promoter elements (TREs). In many cell lines, including HEK 293 cells, the tetracycline transactivator generates absolute expression levels much higher than those produced by the CMV promoter.
- Optimized transfections—Our exceptional, nanoparticle-based transfection reagent, Xfect, is included with every lentiviral packaging system. This reagent consistently transfects Lenti-X 293T cells with very high efficiencies (> 95%) and allows high expression of viral components.
- Simple monitoring of lentivirus production—Lenti-X GoStix (included) let you instantly determine the optimal time to harvest your lentiviral supernatant.
The concerted effects of these advanced components allow Lenti-X 293T Cells (sold separately) to produce the highest amounts of safe, replication-incompetent lentivirus from any of our lentiviral vectors, or any other lentiviral vector.
The viruses are perfect for transducing delicate, hard-to-transfect cell types, such as primary neuroprogenitor cells. The standard Lenti-X HTX Packaging System is supplied with many of our lentiviral expression systems. Visit our lentiviral vectors page to see the variety of vectors and systems available.