- Site-dependent cleavage of ssRNA
Expressed as a recombinant protein in Escherichia coli.
Additional MazF nuclease activities were not detected under any of the following conditions as demonstrated by RNA or DNA electrophoresis:
- After incubation with 40 pmol non-AC sequence ssRNA and 20 units mRNA Interferase-MazF for 16 hours at 37°C and pH 7.5.
- After incubation with 40 pmol dsRNA and 20 units mRNA Interferase-MazF for 16 hours at 37°C and pH 7.5.
- After incubation with 1 mg lambda DNA-Hind III fragments and 20 units mRNA Interferase-MazF for 16 hours at 37°C and pH 7.5.
Licensing agreement required. This product is limited to research use only. Product must not be used for clinical or in vitro diagnostic purposes.
Provided as a solution of 20 mM sodium phosphate (pH 6.0), 0.01% Tween-20 and 50% glycerol.
Definition of Activity
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 pmol of standard substrate ROX-5'-GATAUACATATCT-eclipse (the underlined region is composed of RNA) after 10 min. at 37°C and pH 7.5. Buffer composition used for activity definition: 20 mM sodium phosphate, pH 7.5 and 0.05% Tween-20.
- Suzuki, M. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell 18:253-261.
- Zhang. Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 280:3143-3150.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 12:913-923.