DNA Restriction Enzyme: XbaI
- Source: Xanthomonas badrii
- Concentration: 8-20 units/µl [High concentration: 30-60 units/µl]
- Supplied buffer: M+BSA
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: N6-methyladenine free lambda DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Escherichia coli genomic DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by dam methylase depending on the sequence following the recognition site.
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of DMSO or high concentrations of glycerol.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.