DNA Restriction Enzyme: TaqI (TthHB8I)
- Source: Escherichia coli carrying the plasmid encoding Taq I gene
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: Basal
- Reaction temperature: 65°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by dam methylase depending on the sequence following the recognition site, but not affected by CG methylase.
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of high concentrations of glycerol, Mn2+, DMSO, or at low ionic strength.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.