DNA Restriction Enzyme: SmaI
- Source: Serratia marcescens Sb
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl [High concentration: 30-60 units/µl]
- Supplied buffer: T+BSA
- Reaction temperature: 30°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Staphylococcus aureus genome DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by CG methylase.
- Notice: This enzyme shows equivalent activity at 37°C and to 30°C, but stability of the enzyme in reaction mixtures is lower at 37°C than at 30°C.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.