DNA Restriction Enzyme: SfiI
- Source: Streptomyces fimbriatus
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: M
- Reaction temperature: 50°C
- Substrate for unit definition: Ad2 DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Escherichia coli genomic DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is often affected by dcm methylase depending on the sequence of recognition site or the sequence following the site.
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of Mn2+ or DMSO.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.