DNA Restriction Enzyme: ScaI
- Source: Streptomyces caespitosus
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: H
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Star activity: Unrelated sites may often be cut in the presence of Mn2+, and at alkaline pH or low ionic strength.
- Notice: Do not dilute. This enzyme is unstable at low concentrations. Addition of BSA to a final concentration of 0.01% in reaction mixture increases the relative activity up to 120% at 30°C and up to 240% at 25°C, but does not increase at 37°C.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.