DNA Restriction Enzyme: SacI
- Source: Streptomyces achromogenes
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl [High concentration: 30-60 units/µl]
- Supplied buffer: L
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is not affected by CG methylase.
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of DMSO or high concentrations of glycerol.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.