DNA Restriction Enzyme: NheI
- Source: Neisseria mucosa heidelbergensis
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: M
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Arthrobacter luteus genome DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by CG methylase depending on the sequence following the recognition site.
- Star activity: Unrelated site may be cut in the presence of DMSO, high concentrations of glycerol, alkaline pH, or low ionic strength.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.