DNA Restriction Enzyme: Mse I (RspRS II)
- Source: Escherichia coli carrying a plasmid encoding the RspRS II gene
- Concentration: 10 U per µl
- Supplied buffer: T + BSA
- Reaction temperature: 60°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Effect of DNA methylation: Not sensitive
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of high concentrations of glycerol
- Inactivation: Residual activity observed after EtOH precipitation or incubation at 70°C for 15 minutes. No residual activity observed after phenol treatment.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.