DNA Restriction Enzyme: BlnI (AvrII)
- Source: Brevibacterium linens
- Concentration: 10 units/ul
- Supplied buffer: K
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Escherichia coli genome DNA
- Ligation-recutting test: Ligation efficiency of DNA fragments with cohesive end generated by this enzyme is lower than general 4-base protruding ends. Therefore, more efficient ligation can be achieved by using the reaction conditions for blunt end ligation.
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of Mn2+, DMSO, or at high ionic strength.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning