Tet-Express Inducible Expression Systems are a faster, simpler adaptation of our powerful, tightly-regulated Tet-On/Tet-Off expression systems. To induce expression, simply apply a few microliters of Tet-Express to the culture medium of cells that have been transduced with one of our pLVX-TRE3G lentiviral vectors. Choose between several systems, each of which are supplied with a high-performing lentiviral vector and complete 4th generation lentiviral packaging system.
What is Tet-Express?
Tet-Express is a version of Clontech’s Tet-Off Advanced transactivator protein that has been modified and optimized for self-transduction, i.e., it has the ability to transport itself across cell membranes into the nucleus via protein transduction pathways. Since Tet-Express binds and activates expression in the absence of tetracyclines, doxycycline is not required for gene activation. An Intensifier Reagent included with each vial of Tet-Express increases protein transduction efficiency.
What is Included in the Lentiviral Tet-Express Kits?
All systems are complete provided with a vial of Tet-Express and our 4th generation lentiviral packaging system:
- Tet-Express (includes Tet-Express Transactivator and Intensifier Reagent)
- A choice of response vector (either pLVX-TRE3G, pLVX-TRE3G-IRES, pLVX-TRE3G-mCherry, or pLVX-TRE3G-ZsGreen1)
- pLVX-TRE3G-Luc Control Vector
- Lenti-X Packaging Single Shots (VSV-G) (Cat. No. 631275)
- Lenti-X GoStix (Sample) (Cat. No. 631242; not sold separately)