Fluorescent Protein Licensing
Licensing Clontech Technologies
- Licensing opportunities suitable for every program
- Commercial and research licenses available
Fluorescent proteins are powerful tools for investigating protein expression and cellular events noninvasively and in realtime. A single fluorescent protein is useful for tagging and visualizing one protein, as a transfection control, or as a marker for cell sorting and clone isolation. Two or more Fluorescent Proteins allow multiplexing experiments, colocalization studies, and complex cell population sorting. Our Living Colors Fluorescent Proteins are derived from a wide array of sea organisms and cover a broad spectrum of excitation and emission wavelengths, giving rise to 6 distinct colors: far red, red, orange, yellow, green, and cyan.
- Research Use: Non-exclusive research use licenses are available for uses including basic research, production of transgenic organisms, and HTS or HCS screen development.
- Commercial Use: Depending on the specific field of interest, both exclusive and non-exclusive commercial licenses are available for uses including diagnostics, third-party contract services, QC and QA, manufacturing, and transgenics.
- If you are a for-profit entity, please contact a Clontech representative (as noted below) regarding licensing terms for research or commercial use. If you are a not-for-profit entity, and you wish to receive a research-only license, please click here for the applicable terms. If you are a not-for-profit entity, and you instead wish to receive a commercial license, please contact a Clontech representative regarding such licensing opportunity.
Licenses to several other technologies, such as our MSCV Retroviral Vectors, TALON Resin and histidine-containing tags for purification of polyhistidine-tagged proteins are also available for various applications and fields of use.
Contact Us to Get Started
If you are interested to learn more about available licenses for fluorescent proteins or any other Clontech Technology, please contact your local Clontech sales representative, distributor, or the Clontech licensing group at 650.919.7320 or by e-mail.