DNA Restriction Enzyme: XhoI
- Source: Xanthomonas holcicola
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µ [High concentration: 30-60 units/µl]
- Supplied buffer: H
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Genome DNA analysis: Escherichia coli genome DNA
- Ligation-recutting test: The ligation efficiency of cohesive end DNA fragments generated by this enzyme will be low. More efficient ligation can be achieved using reaction conditions for blunt end ligation.
- Effect of DNA methylation: Enzyme activity is affected by CG methylase. (It cleaves CT5m CGAG very slowly.)
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.