DNA Restriction Enzyme: NdeI
- Source: Neisseria denitrificans
- Concentration: 4-12 units/µl
- Supplied buffer: H
- Reaction temperature: 37°C
- Substrate for unit definition: lambda DNA
- Ligation-recutting test: Ligation efficiency of the cohesive ended DNA fragments generated by this enzyme is low. More efficient ligation can be achieved by using blunt end ligation reaction conditions.
- Star activity: Cleavage at alternative site(s) occurs in the presence of Mn2+, high concentrations of glycerol, or at high ionic strength.
- Notice: Do not dilute. This enzyme is unstable at low concentration. The addition of Triton-X 100 to a final concentration of 0.01% in reaction mixture increases the relative activity up to approx. 150%.
TaKaRa follows a stringent QC process when manufacturing their restriction enzymes. Each lot of every enzyme undergoes four quality tests including: overdigestion, Genome DNA analysis, Ligation-Recutting and pKF3 Cloning.